Can you answer these questions when it matters?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your goals for the future?
- Why do you want this job?
- How do you measure success?
- Why should we hire you?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How do you handle stress?
- Describe a difficult work situation and how you overcame it.
- Why are you leaving or have left your last employer?
If you can’t answer questions like these in an open and honest manner then you might not get that position you’re applying for. I’ve been in the job force for nearly thirty years now and these questions haven’t changed much in that time. If you want that new position then you need to take the time to write and rehearse your answers to the questions you will be asked. Here are some links to articles that can help you.